Introducing the king of the jungle, Samson the Lion. The finished lion is 27 cm tall when standing. All pieces are knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight single-pointed knitting needles. Samson has a mane of curly hair which is made by knitting loops, and instructions on how to knit loops are included in the pattern. You will also need to cast on and off, knit, purl, work increases and decreases, and sew seams.
- Instructions for making the lion and photos.
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 7 pages and written in English.
- Measurements are in metric.
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 3.5mm knitting needles (US 4)
- DK yarn (double knitting or light worsted weight)
- Toy filling
- Buttons to decorate
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.