- Knitting Pattern with and without photos
- Both cm and inches included
- Toddler, Child, Adult
Materials you need at home:
- 2 (2, 4) x 100g balls of Berroco Ultra Alpaca Chunky, (120m/131yds each ball), colour Barley 72189. OR any chunky/bulky yarn.
- 8mm (UK0 - USA11) circular needle 100cm/40in long - working back and forth. 10mm (UK000 – USA15) needle – just one - any length, single or double pointed, or even circular – for casting/binding off.
- A tapestry needle to sew up.
This easy shawl reminds me of patterns in the sand that I saw on a walk a while back. They had been caused by the sea and looked like waves! The simple stitch is just right to showcase any yarn and it’s great as a warm over-coat scarf on a Winter’s walk, or a cosy shawl on a cool Summer’s eve.
Although this is knitted in the same way as an asymmetrical shawl, the end result is virtually a triangle, with the increase edge running along the top. The only skills you need are cast/bind on and off, knit, and yarn forward. There are 2 sets of instructions – a basic set without photos, and a detailed set with photos to help beginners.
Clear, line by line instructions in English with British and American terminology. There is a front cover which you can choose not to print if desired.
Just right for that outdoors walk!
Please click on my name for a variety of shawls, ponchos, hats, gloves, cushion covers etc, and many owl patterns, including a free owl scarf!
The Lonely Sea - Heather Corcoran
I have a bag that say ' I knit therefore I am' - sums me up perfectly! I love to knit and love to design! I have knitted for years, and made and sold literally hundreds of owl gloves and fingerless mitts on-line. About 8 years ago, I decided to give designing and writing patterns a go, and I absolutely love it! The whole process is absolutely captivating, and I love to see other knitters' projects made from my patterns. My beautiful cavvy, Honey, is my constant companion, and she sleeps next to me on the settee while I knit. You can also find me on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/thelonelyseapatterns/