The Santa tea cosy is handcrafted from double thickness yarn for extra insulation. Santa Claus as you would expect is made from royal red yarn. His hat is removable to reveal his fluffy hair and balding head. Pull as children might, Santa's beard will not come off (obviously because this is the real Santa Claus. Santa's coat is trimmed in white and he has a chunky black belt around his waist with a lemon buckle.
Ho Ho Ho! Ever wondered why Santa was podgey? It's because he is a tea belly!
- Suits a tea pot for 6-8 cups
Materials you need at home:
- 5.5 mm, UK size 5 or US size 9 knitting needles,
- 4.00 mm, UK size 8 or US size 6 Knitting needles,
- 50g Red Double knitting wool,
- 25g white double knitting wool,
- 25g black double knitting wool,
- 25g Yellow double knitting wool,
- 25g Peach double knitting wool,
- 25g Stylecraft Eskimo White DK wool,
- 1 white pom-pom and Stuffing
I design and knit unique tea cosies. I really love designing exciting and unusual tea cosies, its great fun and people don’t mind having an over the top tea cosy. Plus they are a great talking point at tea time and make for brilliant knitting projects.
I have quite a following with regular customers who regularly buy my latest designs from my website TeaCosyFolk.co.uk
I have had a couple of patterns printed in the Simply Knitting Magazine, which is very exciting.