The Scotch thistle is the symbol of Scotland, and makes for a really exciting tea cosy with its beautiful purple bloom and it's prickly leaves. The Scottish Thistle tea cosy has a richly textured main part which represents the prickliness if the Scotch thistle and the flower is made with eyelash wool which really lends itself to create this stunning tea cosy. You could just imagine a bumble bee coming to visit for a sip of nectar.
High tea in the Highlands of Scotland has to be kept warm in the pot under a Scottsh Thistle tea cosy.
- To suit a teapot for 6-8 cups
Materials you need at home:
- 5.5 mm, UK size 5 or US size 9 knitting needles,
- 4.00 mm, UK size 8 or US size 6 Knitting needles,
- 70g green double knitting wool
- 10g purple or pink eyelash double knitting wool (Stylecraft Eskimo or King Cole Moments are perfect)
- 30g purple or pink double knitting wool that is a similar shade the eyelash yarn
I design and knit unique tea cosies. I really love designing exciting and unusual tea cosies, its great fun and people don’t mind having an over the top tea cosy. Plus they are a great talking point at tea time and make for brilliant knitting projects.
I have quite a following with regular customers who regularly buy my latest designs from my website TeaCosyFolk.co.uk
I have had a couple of patterns printed in the Simply Knitting Magazine, which is very exciting.