This Scottie dog tea cosy as well as being a practical way to keep the teapot warm is also incredibly sweet. The Scottie expression with his ears pricked and his wide eyes and his little tail stood up like a flagpole, make him a charming way to cover the teapot for any teatime. The tea cosy is made from eyelash wool to create the effect of a plush dog.
The Highland Terrier or Scottie dog is such a cute breed with their bushy eyebrows and beard. It's the Scottie's cute and charming personality that lends itself to the Scottie dog tea cosy and makes it such a heart warming addition to the tea cosy range.
- This Tea Cosy fits a medium sized teapot that holds 6 to 8 cups or 2 pints
Materials you need at home:
- 4.00 mm, UK size 8 or US size 6 Knitting needles,
- 4.00 mm, double pointed needles (regular needles can be used)
- 5.5 mm, UK size 5 or US size 9 knitting needles,
- 100g Black Double knitting wool,
- 50g Stylecraft Eskimo wool in Black,
- 20g Grey double knitting wool,
- A 25mm black safety nose and x2 18mm black safety eyes.
- A length of Tartan ribbon
I design and knit unique tea cosies. I really love designing exciting and unusual tea cosies, its great fun and people don’t mind having an over the top tea cosy. Plus they are a great talking point at tea time and make for brilliant knitting projects.
I have quite a following with regular customers who regularly buy my latest designs from my website TeaCosyFolk.co.uk
I have had a couple of patterns printed in the Simply Knitting Magazine, which is very exciting.