Screwdriver // Women's Wrap Top with Dramatic Sleeve
- A Print-At-Home PDF 36 x A4 or US Letter pages.
- A Copy Shop PDF 2 x A0 pages to print at your local print shop (ie. Kinkos, Officeworks)
- An instruction file 10 pages of very very detailed sewing instructions with illustrations - our best instructions ever!
- Download size is 4mb.
Materials you need at home:
- This pattern is designed for crisp woven fabrics. Shirting is perfect, and lawn, poplin, broadcloth, and quilter’s cotton are all suitable too. Avoid anything silky , or too synthetic as it will make the sleeves too floppy.
- 3.75m (4.1 yards) of fabric with a 115cm (44") width.
- OR 3m (3.3 yards) of fabric with 150cm (58”) width.
- Approximately 1m (3') of narrow elastic.
- Tailors chalk to draw guides onto your fabric.
The Screwdriver Top is such an eyecatcher! This is a flattering woven wrap top with dramatic, ruffled sleeves, which ties at the hip with a dramatic bow. The stunning sleeves have simple origami folds that give them their body, and elasticated sleeve-hems to make the sewing easy.
While it looks impressive, this sewing pattern is remarkably forgiving. The instructions are probably the best we've ever written - they are detailed, step-by-step instructions with clear diagrams for each action.
Skill Level: Intermediate. You don't need to be an expert to sew up this dramatic blouse! There is a little bit of basic origami folding, and a small section of gathering, but that's as hard as it gets. You should be familiar with basic sewing terms and have a good understanding of your machine. There are no zips, no buttons, no set-in sleeves.
Sizing: • Sizes A-G (US 2-14, AUS & UK 6-16) See the 'sizing guide' image for measurements. (Plus sizes are not currently available for this garment but might be added if there is demand)
Our Lady of Leisure
Hello, darling! How lovely to meet you. We are your Ladies of Leisure, the patron saints of Sunday sewing. This is our manifesto.
We believe in creation as recreation. Sewing is good for you, darling. Relax. We believe your leisure time should be used for maximum enjoyment. This means figure-friendly sewing patterns with pain-free instructions. And it means we indulge in a sneaky short cut now and then. This is for fun, babe. We also indulge in the occasional cocktail at the sewing machine. We won't tell if you don't.
Our Lady of Leisure is a ongoing project aimed at designing modern, bold, empowering sewing patterns. Our patterns come with thorough, easy-to-understand instructions, complete with painstakingly illustrated diagrams.
This project is an absolute labour of love, so please let us know if you have suggestions on how we can improve. You mean the world to us, darling!