- Knitting pattern
- Adult and Large Adult
- Intermediate although suitable for confident beginner
- Knit flat and sewn up, or circular
Materials you need at home:
- 1 x 150g ball Malabrigo Rasta Super Bulky – (82m/90yd per 150g ball) – First photo 884 Boreal. Then 063 Natural or 866 Arco Iris (slouchy option).
- 8mm (UK0 – US11) and 10mm (UK000 – USA15) knitting needles - - single-point for knitting flat - circular for magic loop method – 100cm/40in long. (Circular needles 40cm/16in long and/or double-pointed needles could also be used).
- A large/tapestry needle to sew up and weave/sew ends in.
- A fluffy pompom approx. 10cm/4in diameter, (or pompom maker/card circles to make your own - more yarn is needed).
The yarn for this pompom hat reminds me of the beautiful and varied colours of sea glass, and the double moss stitch pattern, (USA moss st), adds a lovely texture. Super-chunky/super-bulky yarn means extra warmth in those cold, winter winds. A fluffy pompom tops it off. There is an option for added slouch, by working extra rows - you still only need 1 ball of Malabrigo Rasta - other yarns may vary.
It is an easy/intermediate knit, knitted FLAT and sewn up, or IN THE ROUND with no seams. Basic skills are needed, plus purl 2 or 3sts together, knit 2sts together and knitting in the round if that’s the method you choose. - it is written for magic loop, but is easily adaptable. Instructions are in English, with British/USA terms, line by line. Any super-chunky/super-bulky yarn should be okay, but check the tension/gauge. There is an email if you need any extra help.
Please click on my name for a variety of hats, scarves, ponchos, shawls, cushions etc., and many owl designs, including a free owl scarf! Thank you!
The Lonely Sea - Heather Corcoran
I have a bag that say ' I knit therefore I am' - sums me up perfectly! I love to knit and love to design! I have knitted for years, and made and sold literally hundreds of owl gloves and fingerless mitts on-line. About 8 years ago, I decided to give designing and writing patterns a go, and I absolutely love it! The whole process is absolutely captivating, and I love to see other knitters' projects made from my patterns. My beautiful cavvy, Honey, is my constant companion, and she sleeps next to me on the settee while I knit. You can also find me on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/thelonelyseapatterns/