Sea Ripples beanie Knitting pattern - adult -
- Illustrated Knitting Pattern
- Both cm and inches included
- Adult and Large Adult
- Knit flat and sewn up, or circular
Materials you need at home:
- 1 x 100g ball of King Cole Timeless Chunky Colour Chandelier 2914, (155m/164yds per ball.)
- 5.5mm (UK5 - USA9) and 6.5mm (UK3 – USA 10.5) knitting needles - EITHER single point for knitting flat, OR circular, 100cm/40in long, for knitting magic loop in the round. (40cm/16in circular needles and/or double pointed needles could also be used.)
- A tapestry needle to sew up.
- A fluffy pompom OR a pompom maker.
There’s nothing more calming than watching the sea on a still day, with gentle ripples coming into shore. This chunky, soft yarn and simple design combine to make a cosy beanie, that’s reminiscent of the ebb and flow of gentle waves.
An easy knit that grows fast. Skills needed are cast/bind on, knit, purl, and knit/purl 2sts together. It can either be knitted flat and sewn up, or in the round. Instructions are written line by line in English, with British/USA terms.
Please note that this pattern was formerly 'Moon Kiss', but has been updated, renamed and had circular instructions added.
Matching Sea Ripple Shawl/Scarf and fingerless gloves also available.
Please click on my name for a variety of hat, glove, scarf, jumper, poncho cushion etc patterns. Thank you.
The Lonely Sea - Heather Corcoran
I have a bag that say ' I knit therefore I am' - sums me up perfectly! I love to knit and love to design! I have knitted for years, and made and sold literally hundreds of owl gloves and fingerless mitts on-line. About 8 years ago, I decided to give designing and writing patterns a go, and I absolutely love it! The whole process is absolutely captivating, and I love to see other knitters' projects made from my patterns. My beautiful cavvy, Honey, is my constant companion, and she sleeps next to me on the settee while I knit. You can also find me on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/thelonelyseapatterns/