Sea Silver Shawl - Toddler to adult
Adult, toddler and child sizes. Chunky/bulky yarn.
Beautiful sun shining on the sea ripples – sparkly, shimmery silver. Moss stitch (USA seed stitch), garter stitch and random shots of silver yarn evoke the beauty of the scene.
Although this is knitted in the same way as an asymmetrical shawl, the end result is virtually a triangle, with the increase edge running along the top.
An easy knit for the beginner and yet interesting enough for the experienced knitter who likes to knit and natter, or the watch the world go by! Line by line instructions with British/American terms throughout. The adult size is listed first, then the childrens' sizes follow, so it is possible to print either separately.
A warm over-coat wrap for a Winter’s walk or a cosy cool summer’s eve shawl. Matching patterns available.
Disponible en francais aussi - s'il vous plait, allez a makerist.fr, le site francais. Merci. (Also available in French on makerist.fr.)
- Knitting Pattern
- US Imperial measurements/Metric Measurement
- Adult, child and toddler sizes
- Confident Beginner
Materials you need at home:
- 2 (2, 4) x 100g balls of Paintbox Simply Chunky Yarn Colour Misty Grey 303, Champagne White 302, or Seafoam Blue 331. (136m/149yds each ball.) (Most chunky/bulky yarns work well with this pattern, although amounts may vary and please check your tension/gauge.) - If you make the toddler shawl, but omit the tassels, you only need 1 ball.
- 1 x 25g ball King Cole Cosmos Colour 1095 Galactica.
- 8mm (UK0 - USA11) circular needle 100cm/40in - use it by working back and forth. For the 2 smaller sizes, you should be able to manage with single point needles, approx. 30cm/12in long or longer.
- A large/tapestry needle to sew the ends in.
The Lonely Sea - Heather Corcoran
I have a bag that say ' I knit therefore I am' - sums me up perfectly! I love to knit and love to design! I have knitted for years, and made and sold literally hundreds of owl gloves and fingerless mitts on-line. About 5 years ago, I decided to give designing and writing patterns a go, and I absolutely love it! The whole process is absolutely captivating, and I love to see other knitters' projects made from my patterns. My beautiful cavvy, Honey, is my constant companion, and she sleeps next to me on the settee while I knit. You can also find me on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/thelonelyseapatterns/