Seaview Easy Cushion covers - easy
2 cushion covers with a stocking/stockinette stitch textured design – one is reversed for a different look. They remind me of a calm or choppy sea. Super-chunky/super-bulky yarn makes for an up-to-date and super-quick knit.
The pattern is easy – skills needed - cast/bind on and off, knit, purl, and kfb - knit into front and back of a st before taking it off needle. Instructions are in English with British/US terms, line by line. There are photos to help with the sewing up. Knitted flat on 2 needles and sewn up the sides.
This is an envelope cushion cover with decorative buttons and buttonholes on the front, with an option of a buttonless opening as well. Or turn it round for a simpler look.
Drops Snow has been used in the photos. Most super-chunky/super-bulky yarns that use approx. 8mm needles should work, but check your tension/gauge. (8mm and 9mm are used in the pattern.)
Full support if needed - I am always willing to help.
Please click on my name for a variety of patterns, including many more cushions, hats, gloves, ponchos, etc., and a free owl scarf! Thank you!
- Knitting pattern
- To fit cushion 41 x 41cm/ 16 x 16in.
- cms and inches
Materials you need at home:
- 5 x 50g balls Drops Snow - Colour Off White 01 or Light Grey 53. Other super-chunky/super-bulky yarns may be suitable, but they must give the desired tension/gauge on 9mm (UK00 – US13).
- 8mm (UK0 – US11) and 9mm (UK00 – US13) single-point knitting needles.
- 3 x approx. 3-4cm/1-1.5in buttons for the opening if using, and matching cotton thread. (It may be possible to use the yarn if the button holes are big enough.)
- A tapestry/ large needle to sew up, and a thinner needle for the cotton thread, if using.
- A cushion or foam pad approx. 41cm x 41cm/16in x 16in.
The Lonely Sea - Heather Corcoran
I have a bag that say ' I knit therefore I am' - sums me up perfectly! I love to knit and love to design! I have knitted for years, and made and sold literally hundreds of owl gloves and fingerless mitts on-line. About 5 years ago, I decided to give designing and writing patterns a go, and I absolutely love it! The whole process is absolutely captivating, and I love to see other knitters' projects made from my patterns. My beautiful cavvy, Honey, is my constant companion, and she sleeps next to me on the settee while I knit. You can also find me on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/thelonelyseapatterns/