Sedum is a lovely two-tone shawl with a striped body and delicate contrasting lace edging. Make it in the small size for a sweet kerchief or in one of the three larger sizes for a lovely elegant and warm cover-up.
This shawl is worked from the top-down in one piece, starting at the neck edge. The instructions for the border of the shawl are provided both fully charted and written out.
This pattern is written in American English crochet terminology.
Size and finished measurements: This pattern includes 4 sizes: S (M, L, XL) with a wingspan of 126 (155, 200, 229) cm (50 (61, 79, 90) inches) and a depth of 60 (77, 100, 115) cm (24 (30, 39, 45) inches), measured after blocking.
Difficulty level: Techniques used consist of sl st, sc, hdc, dc and ch st. Because of this the pattern is suitable for the advanced beginner.
- Written and charted pattern
- Instructions in English
- US Imperial and metric measurements
- Suitable for the advanced beginner
- Worked flat back and forth.
- Gauge is not critical in this design. For the sample shawl 14 sts / 9 rows = 10 cm (4 inches) over hdc, measured after blocking.
- Digital PDF has 3 pages (A4 size).
Materials you need at home:
- Yarn Yarn in DK weight in the following quantities MC – Lilac 275 (445, 760, 1025) m or 300 (485, 835, 1120) yds, CC – Blue / Petrol 200 (275, 390, 490) m or 215 (305, 425, 535) yds. Used in the sample Ice Yarns Virgin Wool Deluxe (100% wool; 280 m (306 yds) / 100 g) in lilac and blue / petrol.
- Size 5.5 mm (US I/9) and size 6 mm (US J/10) crochet hooks.
- Yarn needle
- 2 removable stitch markers (optional)
How lovely to meet you! I’m Susanne Visch and I live in the Netherlands. Not only the country of tulips, cheese, and windmills but also of Dutch Design.
I find it important to provide user-friendly instructions for interesting patterns. In most cases, my patterns feature both written and charted instructions, with detailed explanations of the techniques used.