Seljuk Mittens colorwork knitting pattern
Seljuk mittens have a central star motif, a charted cuff bounded by two Latvian braids and a peasant thumb. The design on the front of the mitten is inspired by early Turkish textiles. The pattern has charts for two sizes, photos and written instructions. It includes instructions for the Latvian braid and a two color cast on. Women’s Medium (Large) Fits palm circumference 8 (9) inches (20, 22.9 cm) Length (cuff included) – 10 (11) inches (25.5, 27.9 cm)
- Skills: Two-color cast-on, knitting in the round, increasing/decreasing, stranded knitting with two colors, reading a chart, Latvian Braid, and Kitchener stitch.
- includes both US imperial and metric measurements
- includes written instructions and a colorwork chart
Materials you need at home:
- Needles US #2 (2.75 mm) DPN (set of 5)
- Fingering weight yarn in 3 colors: Color A approx. 146 yards/34 grams (152 yards/38 grams) Color B approx. 124 yards/31 grams (132 yards/32 grams) Color C approx. 4.5 yards/1 grams (10 yards/2.5 grams)
- Notions: stitch markers and tapestry needle
Kunstwerk Designs COM
I’ve been knitting off and on since I was a child, but I only started designing in 2013. Designing lets me combine my love of knitting and my background in art. My first designs were inspired by Peruvian textiles. I’ve been mostly designing accessories. They are small and work up fast, but I’m starting to expand into garments. I have one vest design and hope to have more soon. I design part-time since I work full-time.