Introducing my Señor Hector doll knitting pattern, which includes instructions to make the doll and cactus. Hector is 15 cm tall and the cactus is 9 cm tall. All pieces are knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight single-pointed knitting needles. The brim of Hector’s sombrero is decorated using blanket stitch embroidery. You will also need to cast on and off, knit, purl, work increases and decreases, knit stripes, and sew seams.
- Instructions for making Hector and the cactus with photos
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 5 pages and written in English.
- Measurements are in metric.
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 3.75mm knitting needles (US 5)
- DK yarn (double knitting or light worsted weight)
- Toy filling
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.