Señor Hector is having a siesta in the Mexican sunshine, with a big sombrero to keep them cool. Designed by Amanda Berry @fluffandfuzz, Hector and the cactus are knitted in acrylic DK yarns on single pointed needles (not in the round). The sombrero is decorated with blanket stitch embroidery around the brim. For confident beginners and above, other techniques used include casting on and off, knits, purls, increases and decreases, knitting stripes, and seaming to finish.
- Instructions for making Hector and the cactus with photos
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 5 pages and written in English.
- Measurements are in metric.
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 3.75mm knitting needles (US 5)
- DK yarn (double knitting or light worsted weight)
- Toy filling
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.