LEARN TO MAKE A SEWING TOOL ROLL-UP!
This Sewing tool Roll-up is a practical catch-all for organizing your small sewing tools such as measuring tape, dressmaker's wax, needles, embroidery scissors and any other odds and ends you can fit into it. The term Housewife or Hussif is a historic reference for the same type of tool holder, often gifted to a loved one, so that they had supplies and tools to mend their uniforms and other things while they were away.
The Roll-up measures 20" x 6" unrolled and 5" x 6" rolled. Two pocket variations are included. See photos for other details.
- Printable PDF pattern with imperial measurements (in inches)
- Full color step by step photographic instructions
- Two pocket variations with patterns included
Materials you need at home:
- 5/8 yards woven fabric + Optional 3/8 yards of woven fabric (either self or contrast) for self binding
- 2 1/2 yards 1/2" double fold bias binding
- 22"x6" piece of cotton batting
- Optional 10"x10" pieces of contrasting woven fabric for pockets
- coordinating thread
- 40" length of 3/4" wide ribbon
- 24" length of 1/8"-1/4" wide ribbon
- 2" x 1" piece of fusible interfacing
- Wool Roving or Fiberfill for pin cushion
- 6" x 10" piece of coordinating felt or felted wool
Hi There! I'm Jennifer Serr, the owner and designer at Bonjour Teaspoon Patterns. I also have a shop in Alameda, called The Sewing Room, where I teach sewing and fashion to KIDS, TEENS AND ADULTS. Sewing has been my lifelong passion and I've turned it into my career. You can find out more about me on my website at: www.TheSewingRoomAlameda.com