Shadow Weave Placemat and Runner - hand knitting pattern
Beauty and practicality combine in the Shadow Weave Placemats & Table Runner. Gorgeous gradients of colour combined with a slip stitch pattern to make a striking design for your tabletop.
Skills Required: Crochet cast on (provisional cast on), working simple stitch pattern from a chart or written instructions, slipped stitches, picking up stitches.
Finished Measurements: Placemat 18x12" (46 x 30 cm); Table Runner 48x12" (122 x 30 cm)
Gauge: 30 sts and 74 rows = 4" (10 cm) in Woven Pattern on larger needles, blocked. 30 sts and 64 rows = 4" (10 cm) in Garter st on smaller needles, blocked.
- Illustrated knitting pattern
- Metric and imperial measurements
- Charted and written instructions
Materials you need at home:
- Fingering weight yarn; shown here in Knit Picks Palette (100% Peruvian Highland Wool; 231 yards/50g)
- 3 balls MC Bittersweet Heather 24239
- 2 balls each in C1 Merlot 24014; C2 Garnet 24015
- 1 ball each in C3 Pimento 24246, C4 Puma 26059, C5 Coriander 25544, C6 Oyster Heather 24559
A Holli Yeoh pattern is sure to offer something to learn, as well as a casually elegant aesthetic. Interesting techniques and clear instructions—developed from years of teaching and pattern writing experience—ensure a rewarding knit with beautiful results. Her work has appeared in industry leading publications including Vogue Knitting, Interweave Press, and Amirisu, as well as in her website (holli yeoh.com) and in her book Tempest, published in collaboration with SweetGeorgia Yarns.