Shawl Pattern PDF (A Little-Something-Different Scarf)
Crochet Shawl PATTERN, Crochet Wrap Pattern, Scarf Pattern, Womens Scarf Pattern, Shoulder Wrap, Crochet Top, Crochet Garment, PDF, DIY:
This KnotYourselfOut crochet shawl / scarf PATTERN is called: A LITTLE-SOMETHING-DIFFERENT SCARF.
I LOVE this scarf. Is is stylish, versatile and a little something different!
Thank you for checking out my crocheted scarf!
This crochet shawl pattern is rated as INTERMEDIATE / ADVANCED, which means it is best suited for a solid intermediate crocheter. It uses standard US English crochet terminology. It has been tested for clarity and accuracy by a professional crochet designer. In addition, it contains step-by-step how-to photos. I am confident this pattern will make for a happy crochet experience (and a very nice and functional shawl).
All sections are explained in detail and provide NUMEROUS photos:
This scarf consists of 23 back-and-forth rows, with most rows having 175 stitches. The first few inches of the scarf are comprised of a row of ch-30 loops. The next design section consists mostly of 6-dc bobble stitches. The “arches” that come next are comprised of rows that combine chain spaces and single crochet, and rows that combine double crochet and single crochet. Some of these rows are also worked in back loops only. The arch design is created from 5 rows (4 rows of which repeat). The bobbles section is then repeated to complete the scarf. Have fun! You won’t get bored with this one :)
Intermediate / Advanced (suitable for a solid intermediate crocheter).
Standard US English.
Width: 14” Length: 75”
This scarf was made using LION BRAND YARNS Heartland 100% acrylic yarn, weight: Medium 4 (5 oz / 142 g / 251 yd / 230 m).
- LION BRAND YARNS Heartland, color: 149 Great Smoky Mountains x 2
- LION BRAND YARNS Heartland, color: 151 Katmai x 2
- LION BRAND YARNS Heartland, color: 148 Badlands x 1
- LION BRAND YARNS Heartland, color: 150 Mount Rainier x 2
- Detailed written instructions - standard US English , crochet terminology
- Numerous how-to photos
- Suitable for INTERMEDIATE / ADVANCED crocheter
- MEASUREMENTS Width 14”; Length 75”
Materials you need at home:
- This scarf was made using LION BRAND YARNS Heartland 100% acrylic yarn, weight Medium 4 , (5 oz / 142 g / 251 yd / 230 m).
- LION BRAND YARNS Heartland, color 149 , Great Smoky Mountains x 2
- LION BRAND YARNS Heartland, color 151 , Katmai x 2
- LION BRAND YARNS Heartland, color 148 , Badlands x 1
- LION BRAND YARNS Heartland, color 150 , Mount Rainier x 2
- Size N/10 mm crochet hook (for base chain)
- Size M/13/9.00 mm crochet hook
- Yarn needle
Sonja Hood (KnotYourselfOut)
I absolutely love to crochet! My mother taught me how when I was five years old, and it occupied a lot of my childhood.
It was during my time living in Bulgaria, as a U.S. Peace Corps volunteer, that I first began to dream about writing and publishing my own crochet patterns.
As the years passed, work became my main focus, but I continued to dream about becoming a crochet designer and I collected inspiration from the many different places I was working in and traveling to: Bulgaria, Boston, Germany, Canada, Ireland (to name a few).
It was the birth of my son, ultimately, that finally gave me the opportunity to realize my dream. When my son was a baby, I wrote and published two crochet books (Painted Jute Rugs, Annie’s Attic, 2010 & Elegant Beaded Bags, Leisure Arts, 2013).
When my son began school my focus shifted to selling patterns online. I have been having the absolute time of my life -- crocheting, imagining crochet, writing about crochet, and engaging with many amazing crochet-lovers in online communities!
Home is now Toronto in Canada.
Thanks for reading my profile. I hope you will find a design in my shop that inspires you (the way it did me) to stitch up something beautiful.
Sonja Hood (Crochet Designer & Author)