Sheep Chunky Sweater
Knitting pattern for a Chunky sweater for children aged 4 to 11 years featuring cute fluffy Sheep on the back and front. Knitted in Chunky (12 ply) Yarn so grows very quickly. Large, coloured intarsia chart to follow for the Sheep and the pattern is colour coded for the different sizes.
Any Chunky yarn (12 ply) can be used so long as it gives the same tension as below.
The garment shown is knitted in Stylecraft Special Chunky – Duck Egg (1820), Black (1002) and King Cole Cuddles Chunky – White (350)
Garment Tension – 14 stitches and 20 rows to 10 cm (4 inches) over stocking stitch using 6mm needles
An easy and quick design to knit. The pattern includes colour coded sizes for ages from 4 to 11 years and a large full-page coloured intarsia chart for the Sheep.
Pattern Language - English
- Illustrated Knitting Pattern
- US Imperial Measurement / Metric Measurement
- Ages 4- 11 years
- Colour coded for different sizes and large charts to follow
Materials you need at home:
- The garment shown is knitted in Stylecraft Special Chunky – Duck Egg (1820), Black (1002) and King Cole Cuddles Chunky – White (350)
- 1 pair of 5 mm (UK6 - USA8) knitting needles
- 1 pair of 6 mm (UK4 - USA10) knitting needles
I first started to design clothes for my children when they were younger and went on to sell garments through shops and craft fairs. I also taught the use of machine knitting and knitwear design. I later followed a career in IT, but I now have grandchildren and whilst hand knitting for them was inspired to start designing and creating knitting patterns again.