Sheep Coasters and Table Mat
A quick and useful knitting project to make - unique Sheep Coasters and Table Mat.
A lovely handmade gift to give to someone special or equally nice to keep for yourself!
The coasters and table mat are worked in double knitting. Double knitting is a knitting technique that allows you to produce a reversible, two-layer, double thick fabric, with stockinette stitch showing on BOTH sides. The colour patterning is reversed on the opposite side. When working these coasters, you will first knit a stitch from the side of the fabric facing you and then you will purl a matching stitch from the opposite side of the fabric.
Full instructions are given with coloured step-by-step photos and large charts to follow.
- Illustrated Knitting Pattern, *Step-by-step coloured photos
- Large coloured charts to work from
- Suitable for Intermediate Knitters
- US Imperial Measurement / Metric Measurement
- Coaster Size 10 x 10 cm (4 x 4 inches) approximately
- Table Mat Size 20 x 20 cm (8 x 8 inches) approximately
Materials you need at home:
- Yarn 1 - 100 gram ball of Aran/Worsted Yarn (10 ply) in Colour 1
- Yarn 2 - 100 gram ball of Aran/Worsted Yarn (10 ply) in Colour 2
- Knitting Needles – 1 pair of 4 mm (UK8 - USA6)
I first started to design clothes for my children when they were younger and went on to sell garments through shops and craft fairs. I also taught the use of machine knitting and knitwear design. I later followed a career in IT, but I now have grandchildren and whilst hand knitting for them was inspired to start designing and creating knitting patterns again.