Introducing my Sheep Cushion knitting pattern. The sheep’s fleecy body is knitted in a boucle yarn to make it extra cuddly; I used Sirdar Snuggly Snowflake Chunky yarn for my sheep. The cushion is 29 cm wide and 25 cm tall. All pieces are knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight single-pointed knitting needles. You will also need to cast on and off, knit, purl, work increases and decreases, and sew seams.
- Instructions for making the sheep and photos.
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 4 pages and written in English.
- Measurements are in metric.
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 4.5mm knitting needles (US 7) and a pair of 5.5mm knitting needles (US 9)
- Aran yarn (worsted weight) in brown for the head and feet
- Chunky boucle yarn in beige for the body
- Buttons and felt fabric for eyes
- Toy filling
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.