What a useful Sheep - holding open the door for us!
An easy and quick project to knit and would make a lovely gift. The sheep is so cute you could use it on the shelf as a bookend or as an ornament.
- Clear instructions with an Illustrated Knitting Pattern
- US Imperial Measurement / Metric Measurement
- 7 inches tall x 10 inches wide (18 cm tall x 26 cm wide)
Materials you need at home:
- 1 - 100 gram ball of White Double Knitting Yarn
- 1 - 50 gram ball of Black Double Knitting Yarn
- 1 pair of 3.25 mm (UK10–US3)
- 1.5 kg of Small Stones/Chippings (used to weight the lower part of the body - Can be found in hobby craft stores and hardware stores.
- Polyester wadding or toy stuffing (used to fill the rest of the body) - Can be found in hobby craft stores.
- Large strong plastic bag (30 cm x 30 cm approx.)
I first started to design clothes for my children when they were younger and went on to sell garments through shops and craft fairs. I also taught the use of machine knitting and knitwear design. I later followed a career in IT, but I now have grandchildren and whilst hand knitting for them was inspired to start designing and creating knitting patterns again.