- Illustrated Knitting Pattern
- US Imperial Measurement / Metric Measurement
- Size 40 cm x 40 cm (16 x 16 inches)
- Suitable for Intermediate Knitters
- Large coloured charts to follow for the sheep
Materials you need at home:
- Stylecraft Special Double Knit (100 gram balls)
- 1 ball each of Greengage, Pistachio, Violet, Parma Violet, Cloud Blue, Black
- 1 ball Sirdar Snuggly Snowflake Chunky yarn in Milky (White) for Sheep and Clouds
- 1 pair of 4 mm (UK8 - USA6) knitting needles
- 1 pair of 3 ¼ mm (UK10 - USA3) knitting needles
- 4 buttons for back of cushion
Knitting pattern for a cushion featuring Sheep on the Hillside
Measurements 40 cm x 40 cm (16 x 16 inches)
The cushion is knitted in one piece. The back has a button opening and is knitted in stripes of 5 rows per colour.
Optional – Daisy buttons available from www.etsy.com - search for “daisy buttons” to choose the nearest stockist.
Tension 22 sts and 30 rows to 10 cm (4 in) over stocking stitch on 4 mm needles
If you already have DK yarns (8 ply) in similar colours they could be used as long as they match the tension gauge above
I first started to design clothes for my children when they were younger and went on to sell garments through shops and craft fairs. I also taught the use of machine knitting and knitwear design. I later followed a career in IT, but I now have grandchildren and whilst hand knitting for them was inspired to start designing and creating knitting patterns again.