- The pattern has row numbers for each step so you don’t lose your place
- instructions for making the snail and photos
- a list of abbreviations and explanation of some techniques
- a materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 3 pages and written in English.
SHELLBY THE SNAIL TOY KNITTING PATTERNS
Shellby is a quick to knit little snail. He would come in handy as a pincushion, or you could knit a group of snails (an escargatoire!) and hide them in the garden and have a treasure hunt with the kids!
TECHNIQUES: All pieces are knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight knitting needles. This pattern just uses 4 stitches: knit, purl, a kfb increase and a k2tog decrease. You will also need to know how to knit stripes (i.e. changing colour at the end of a row).
FINISHED SIZE: The snail is approximately 7cm tall and 10cm long.