While there are some that are wary of clowns, this brightly coloured fellow must surely be the exception and will bounce his way right into your heart. With a darling little bowler hat and cheerful multi-coloured curls, he’ll put a smile on even the most gruff of faces.
Finished Size: 37cm to top of hat
Pattern Difficulty: Moderate/Experienced
Requires knowledge of: Crochet
- Written crochet pattern
Materials you need at home:
- Stylecraft Special DK: 1 ball Spring Green (1316) – Dungarees & hair
- Stylecraft Special DK: 1 ball Red - Nose
- Stylecraft Special DK: 1 ball White (1001) – Hands & hair
- Stylecraft Special DK: 1 ball Soft Peach (1240) - Head
- Stylecraft Special DK: 1 ball Shrimp (1132) – Leg and arm stripes, bow and hair
- Stylecraft Special DK: 1 ball Lemon (1020) – Leg and arm stripes, hair
- Stylecraft Special DK: 1 ball Black – Shoes & bowler
- Stylecraft Special DK: 1 ball Claret (1123) – Body, sleeves and hair
- Stylecraft Special DK: 1 ball Turquoise (1068) – Neck & leg ruffles and hair (Note: While I’ve used Stylecraft, any double knitting yarn will work. Just be sure to keep to the same brand throughout.)
- 3mm crochet hook
- 1 pair of 10mm blue safety eyes
I am from Johannesburg, South Africa.
Some would comment that I live in my own little world of imaginary creatures and all things fey. To them I ask, does the wind not exist simply because we do not see it?
Whether it be an old bottle cap, a skein of yarn, scraps of material, a piece of wire or a block of wood, I love to spend time creating things of whimsy that I trust will be found to be fun, refreshing and enjoyable to others.
I am also a published cross stitch designer having done work for and with Quick & Easy Cross Stitch magazine (UK), Cross Stitcher magazine (UK), Jeanette Crews Design (USA) as well as DMC Paris.