Utility pant, but make it fashion. The Shop Pants have a fitted high waist, roomy thigh and tapered leg. A silhouette that keeps it interesting and flattering, while remaining versatile. Wear this with your summer tees or elegant blouses. Sewing the zipper fly and patch pockets are well worth the effort and you’ll find yourself making it in every color.
Intermediate Level - average 8 hours of prep and sewing.
Sizes: 1-7 (see the reference size chart in the images)
Fabric suggestions: The Shop Pant works best in at least an 8 oz. woven bottom weight fabric. You could choose something with stretch, but it’s not necessary. Canvas, denim, duck and most twills are a good option.
Helpful tutorials for this pattern are on our website here: https://openstudiopatterns.com/patterns/p/shop-pant
This is a digital ZIP file that includes printing instructions, sewing instructions, a tiled 8.5” x 11” PDF with 30 pages for those of you who want to print from home, AND a 33” wide-format PDF for those of you with access to a plotter.
- Layer and Tiled PDF Pattern for LETTER printing - 30 pages
- Large Format PDF Pattern for printing 33" wide at local copy shop - 83" long
- Sizes 1-7 to fit waist's measuring 25" - 44" INCHES (imperial)
- Clearly illustrated and written instructions
Materials you need at home:
- 1.5 - 2.5 yard fabric of canvas or pant weight fabric
- .5 yards lightweigh woven fabric for pocketing
- .5 - .75 yards of lightweight fusible interfacing
- one 5/8" button or jean snap
- one 6" metal zipper
Open Studio Patterns
From our factory floor to your sew room, we’re sharing our patterns, our techniques and our belief that making can make change - and we can do it in style!