Shoulder bag “Fred”
Shoulder bag “Fred” is a modern bag which can be sewn with a contrasting fabric at the bottom, strap and closure. It has a lot of room for all your daily essentials and comes with two extra zipper compartments on the inside and on the back. You can either sew the arrow-shaped closure with a snap button or use a press lock. The shoulder strap can be adjusted to your individual size.
Shoulder bag “Fred” has a size of 25 cm x 35 cm x 6 cm (W x H x D).
The pattern is perfectly suitable for beginners. Every step is explained in detail and illustrated with photos and/or sketches.
- Detailed sewing instructions with many photos on 43 pages as a digital e-book (PDF)
- Sewing pattern for printing at home in A4-format (PDF)
- Many design examples
- Metric Measurement
Materials you need at home:
- Fabric for outside (color 1): 64 cm x 40 cm
- Fabric for outside (color 2): 64 cm x 15 cm
- Fabric for inside: 100 cm x 72 cm
- Fusable interlining H250: 100 cm x 140 cm
- 2 D-rings und 1 slider for a 25mm belt strap
- 146cm belt strap 25 mm or cotton fabric 7 cm x 146 cm
- Fastener: 1 snap button (i.e. kam snap) or press lock
- seam ripper or nail scissors
- 2 x 20 cm zipper (zip per metre) with zipper-pull
- tailors chalk or trick marker
- thin rounded wooden stick for turning
- optional: 4 book screws
- optional: hole punch pliers for using book screws
What others have made
Creative Sewing Lab
Hi there, I’m Julia! Born ‘83 in Germany I now live in East Yorkshire with my husband and our two adorable children. I started sewing when my daughter was born in 2011 and soon began to design my own sewing patterns. Before my „sewing career“ i was working as a freelance graphic- & webdesigner for several years which helps me build my blog and design my patterns. I hope you enjoy my blog and my sewing patterns as well.