- Pattern in English
- Step by step tutorial with pictures (12 pages)
- Pattern (20 pages)
- You like what I do? Follow me on IG @ouipatterns
Materials you need at home:
- Fabric canvas or wax fabric. Better when rigid. 75x130 cm
- Belt for the handles (160x4 cm) (US 60" x 1/4" be careful to check that the belt fits your rings)
- A D-ring and clasp
- Bias for the seam allowances of the inner pocket and of the lateral seams of the bag (18mm and or 30 mm) (US thin, maybe 1/2" for the pocket edges, thicker, 1/2" to cover the seam allowances)
Virginia is a thick canvas shoulderbag with a simple and sleek design. The bag features two front pockets that are each big enough to welcome a small bottle of water. The main compartment of the bag will be perfect to carry a laptop, notebooks and other things of your daily life. An inner pocket will allow you to store your keys, pens, cards and other little objects that tend to fall at the bottom of bags. Virginia has no lining. The finishings are neat and tidy with all seam allowances hidden by bias tape on the inside. A small fastener connects both sides of the bag to avoid it spreading apart when loaded.
Dimensions: 35x34x8 cm
US dimensions: 13 3/4" x 13 1/3" x 3"
Difficulty level: with all its straight lines, Virginia is fairly easy to sew. Be careful not to pick too thick a fabric, for in some places you will have to sew 3 layers together.
Like my work? I'm just starting! Follow me on IG @soberpatterns
Oui sewing patterns
Hi there ! My name is Isabelle and I am the one behind Oui Sewing Patterns, a brand dedicated to easy-to-follow sewing patterns for a simple, functional and dynamic wardrobe. My interest for sewing started as I was living in Berlin, Germany, where I lived for 3 years. But more than this, this brand stems in my love for design and fashion design in particular, I guess growing up in Paris is responsible in some way... Hope you enjoy my work ! For more of Oui Patterns, follow me on IG @ouipatterns.