- Layer and Tiled PDF Pattern for LETTER printing - 24 pages (sizes XXS-L) and 30 pages (sizes XL-4XL)
- Large Format PDF Pattern for printing 33" wide at local copy shop - 72" (sizes XXS-L) and 83" (sizes XL-4XL) long
- Sizes XXS-4XL to fit hip measurements up to 64" INCHES (imperial)
- Clearly illustrated and written instructions
Materials you need at home:
- 2 3/4 - 3 yard fabric of light-to-medium weight fabric
- 6 hours of time (on average)
- a sewing machine ;)
Funnel yourself into this dress and enjoy the effortless look. The collar can be worn as a drapey cowl or a structured standing collar. The deep armholes make it breezy for summer or optimal for layering in the cold months. The barrel-shaped silhouette elevates the shift dress style into a more modern look.
Intermediate Level - average 6 hours of prep and sewing.
Sizes: XXS - 4X (see the reference size chart in the images)
Fabric suggestions: The Silo Dress can be made with woven or knit fabric. Use something with drape to get that cowl neck look or make it stand up straight with a stiffer fabric. The body has a slight funnel shape which lends well to a fabric with a little structure. Try it in a knit and make it the most comfortable outfit you own. Some options include: linen, denim, gauze, twill, canvas, double weave, cotton Fleece
Helpful tutorials can be found on our website here: https://openstudiopatterns.com/patterns/p/silo-dress
This is a digital product that includes printing instructions, sewing instructions, a tiled 8.5” x 11” PDF with 24 pages (sizes XXS-XL) and another with 30 pages (sizes XL-4X) for those of you who want to print from home, AND a 33” wide-format PDF for those of you with access to a plotter.
Open Studio Patterns
From our factory floor to your sew room, we’re sharing our patterns, our techniques and our belief that making can make change - and we can do it in style!