This backpack is a new design based on the popular backpack No. 1.
As opposed to backpack No. 1 this backpack can be made without any leather and you will only need to buy little hardware. A fabric channel with drawstring serves as the closure mechanism.
This casual backpack is compact in size but still fits a writing pad in A4 or US Letter format. The back is reinforced with optional back padding which gives the backpack some structure and also helps to protect your back.
Width: 33cm (13in) Height: 34cm (13in) Depth: 18cm (7in)
This sewing tutorial is for intermediate and advanced sewers.
- notes on general supplies
- notes on materials needed
- step-by-step sewing and assembly instructions
- printable sewing pattern in A4/US Letter and full scale A2 format
- cutting layout
Materials you need at home:
- fabric at a fabric width of 150cm (110cm) 0,6m (0,8m)
- back padding padding, cork, camping mat, sleeping pad or similar
- bias tape
- d-rings or tabs
Kasia is an architect and accessories designer based in Berlin, Germany. Kasia loves all things DIY and creates sewing patterns for the DIY Sewing Academy. For the DIY Sewing Academy, Kasia designs patterns and sewing tutorials for bags, backpacks and other accessories. In addition to this, Kasia is also a self-employed designer and creates sustainable leather accessories, mainly in special manufacture, for her label KSIA.