- basically suitable for beginners (you need to count the stitches a few times so that everything will fit in the end)
- 17 pages of pattern
- 40 pages of step-by-step instructions
- lots and lots of pictures
Snail - Doorstop
Out with the stuffy winter air, in with the freshness of spring! This beautiful doorstop-snail helps you gladly with that.
It also makes an awesome toy. Please fill it with something soft then though... ;)
As reinforcements: cute butterflies!
As usual this doorstop has a handle, too. With this snail you can even pick the side on which you want to put it. When you want to make a stuffed toy just skip the handle.
The pattern for the butterflies is included, of course.
Optional: put a mouth on your snail. That's also described in great detail within the pattern.
easy to medium
The size depends on your gauge, chosen type of yarn and crochet hook size. I'm using Puppets Lyric yarn (8/8, DK/Light-Worsted) from Coats and a 3 mm hook. With that I get the following size/s: 13 cm tall & 20 cm long
* magic ring
* single crochet
* half double crochet
* double crochet
* slip stitch
* increase and (invisible) decrease
* crocheting in front loops (instructions included)
* crocheting in back loops (instructions included)
* crocheting back and forth in rows
* crocheting in continuous rounds (rounds are not joined)
* changing yarn-color (instructions included)
* basic sewing (sewing on body-parts, closing openings etc)
* basic embroidery (i.e. eyes, mouth etc)
The pattern is very detailed. Almost every single step/stitch is explained in words and pictures. Special characteristics are explained step-by-step (i.e. sewing the spirals to the body). You see, nothing can go wrong! :)
1) The pattern is mine. Do not (re)sell this pattern, including translations to other languages and modifications; do not redistribute, including publishing on the internet. 2) The finished figure/item is yours. :) Feel free to sell the finished products, handmade by yourself (no mass production). I'd love it if you would refer to my pattern/shop when doing so. Thank you! :)