Christmas knits don’t get more special than this one – all cute and cuddly, this wrapped-up snowman is ready for happy hugs. Designed by Amanda Berry @fluffandfuzz, this pattern is knitted on single pointed needles (not in the round). The snowman is knitted in a polyester boucle fleecy yarn to make it extra snuggly, and the hat, scarf and carrot nose are knitted in acrylic DK yarns. The hat and scarf incorporate a slip stitch pattern. For confident beginners and above, other techniques used include casting on and off, knits, purls, increases and decreases, and seaming to finish.
- Instructions for making the snowman, hat and scarf.
- Measurements are in metric.
- The pattern is 5 pages and written in English.
Materials you need at home:
- Straight single pointed knitting needles in sizes 3.5mm, 4mm and 5mm
- Chunky weight fleecy boucle yarn for the snowman
- DK weight yarns for the hat, scarf and nose
- Toy filling
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.