The Snowman tea cosy is handcrafted from double thickness yarn for extra insulation. The snowman is made from snow-white yarn. The snowman has a removeable pompom hat and scarf. He also has traditional features of a carrot nose, walking stick and three large buttons down his front. (these features remain attached)
Frosty the Snowman, was a jolly happy soul which is due to him having a belly full of tea.
- Made from double thickness yarn for extra insulation
- Has a removable hat which can be casually hung on the spout
- Fits a medium sized teapot that holds 6 to 8 cups or 2 pint
Materials you need at home:
- 4.00 mm, UK size 8 or US size 6 knitting needles,
- 3.75 mm, UK size 9 or US size 5 Knitting needles,
- 50g White double knitting wool,
- Oddments of double knitting wool, including orange and black,
- 3 large buttons,
- A drinking straw with a bendy bit,
- Three pom-poms.
I design and knit unique tea cosies. I really love designing exciting and unusual tea cosies, its great fun and people don’t mind having an over the top tea cosy. Plus they are a great talking point at tea time and make for brilliant knitting projects.
I have quite a following with regular customers who regularly buy my latest designs from my website TeaCosyFolk.co.uk
I have had a couple of patterns printed in the Simply Knitting Magazine, which is very exciting.