Socks Are For Life Not Just For Christmas - Knitting Pattern
Christmas is coming! Why not dig out some wintery colours and knit yourself some festive fun?
This toe-up design is worked in stranded colourwork and is suitable for both men and women. The instructions for the construction of the socks are all written, the colourwork pattern is only charted.
Sizes (measured around mid-foot)
- Small - to fit foot size 6.5 - 7.5” (16.5 - 19cm)
- Medium - to fit foot size 8 - 9” (20.25 - 22.75cm)
- Large - to fit foot size 9.5 - 11.5” (24 - 29cm)
Yarn Requirements - You should allow 100g of main colour and 50g of contrast.
Gauge - 9 sts x 10 rows = 1 inch/ 2.5cm in colourwork on 2.75mm needles
- Illustrated knitting pattern
- US Imperial measurements / Metric measurements
- Fully written / charted instructions
- Sizes to fit 6.5-7.5, 8-9, 9.5-11.5 inches (16.5-19, 20.25-22.75, 24-29 cm)
Materials you need at home:
- 4 ply/ fingering/ sock yarn - 100g Main colour
- 4 ply/ fingering/ sock yarn - 50g Contrast colour
- US 1/ 2.25mm circular needle or dpns
- US 2/ 2.75mm circular needle or dpns
- tapestry needle
I'm a knitting designer, living in Reading, UK, with my husband and three cats. I’ve been knitting since I was small, I remember my grandmother helping me make a jumper for my teddy when I was about 7. I love to knit all types of things, but I’m quite a slow knitter so my designs are for accessories so I can actually manage to finish them myself!