Pia is a small sports bag which will easily carry a gym outfit, a towel, your toiletry, a snack, and more! It features a front pocket closed with a zipper and two straps that are long enough to allow the bag to be carried by hand or on the shoulder. Pia is soft and light and can thus be folded and stored easily and discretely. The only possible difficulties of this bag are the zipper and the eyelets. Other than that Pia is really easy and a fairly fast project to make. The bag doesn’t include a lining.
Dimensions: 47x22x23 cm or 18.5 x 8.6 x 9 inches
Difficulty level: very easy and fairly rapid to execute if you're not afraid of zipper and eyelets.
Like my work? Follow me on IG @ouipatterns
- Step by step tutorial in English (13 pages)
- Pattern in English (11 pages) >> in the Zip file
- In cm and inches
- Pattern in A4 and US letter paper formats
- You like what I do? Follow me on IG @ouipatterns
Materials you need at home:
- Waterproof fabric, 120 cm wide: 1 m of fabric / 1.3 yard wide: 1,1 yard.
- Bias tape or cotton twill tape: 2,70 m / 3 yards
- Webbing strap 110 m x 2 or 2,20 m / 2.4 yards total. This length is planned for shoulder straps which will allow you to carry the bag both by hand and on your shoulder, with the bag arriving right under your armpit. Make some test to determine your optimal length before cutting the straps!
- 45 cm / 0.5 yard long zipper x1
- Small zipper of 18 cm / 0.2 yard long for the front pocket x1
- 4 mm / 0.13 inch wide eyelets (inner diameter) x2
- Elastic lace or cord 2 x 20 cm or 40 cm / 16 inches total
- 2 cord stops
- 2 cord ends (I picked folding ones)
Oui sewing patterns
Hi there ! My name is Isabelle and I am the one behind Oui Sewing Patterns, a brand dedicated to easy-to-follow sewing patterns for a simple, functional and dynamic wardrobe. My interest for sewing started as I was living in Berlin, Germany, where I lived for 3 years. But more than this, this brand stems in my love for design and fashion design in particular, I guess growing up in Paris is responsible in some way... Hope you enjoy my work ! For more of Oui Patterns, follow me on IG @ouipatterns.