Either with the glow of summer or of winter, enjoy this Solstice as our Earth seems to pause at the extreme of its orbit.
Yarn Kits available from Gathered Sheep Yarns!
This slightly slouchy beanie worked from the bottom up, in the round, and using the Fair Isle colourwork technique. This pattern includes 3 animal motif (chickens, pigs, geese) and 2 crown shaping charts to choose from. In addition, you may add embroidery and Duplicate St embellishments (small explanation included in pattern).
- Illustrated Knitting Pattern with Charts (chickens, geese, pigs)
- US Imperial Measurement / Metric Measurement
- one size fits most; 21-25 in/53cm-63.5 cm head
- Suitable for Intermediate and Advanced knitters
Materials you need at home:
- yarn: Shetland 4ply by Gathered Sheep Yarns; Fingering; 100% Pure Shetland Wool; 96yds (87.8m)/20g or 240yds (219m) / 55g
- approximate yarn amounts: MC (Spicy Treat) - 7g; 31yds/29m; 1 mini skein CC1 (Creepy Pumpkin) - 7g; 31yds/29m; 1 mini skein CC2 (Stone) - 19g; 83yds/76m; 1mini skein CC3 (Vampires Blood) - 6g; 27yds/24m; 1 mini skein CC4 (Ghoulish Cocktail) - 15g; 66yds/60m; 1 mini skein CC5 (Olive Tree) - 7g; 31yds/29m; 1 mini skein plus, small amounts for embroidery and Duplicate Stitch embellishments
- needles: 2.75mm (us no 2) circular 20in/50cm; DPNs 6in/15cm (crown) 3.25mm (us no 3) 20in/50cm; DPNs 6in/15cm (crown)
- additional tools: needle to weave in ends, st marker
Mona Zillah - bunnymuff
Inspired by the diversity of Los Angeles and the cities she has lived and traveled, Mona strives to make relevant designs that are clever additions to any wardrobe. With a background in science and art, Mona has been exploring and creating in a variety of mediums for most of her life. She has found a home in the fibre-arts, enjoying every increase, decrease, and yo shaping her life. “I want us all to feel FABULOUS in what we knit and to that end, I take pride in providing patterns which have a variety of silhouettes and sizes.”