- Fully detailed written instructions
- A chart for the whole pattern on top of written instructions
- Tips to make a larger brim and adapt the hat to your head
Materials you need at home:
- 100 grams = 176 yards / 160 meters 2 skeins of Studio Donegal Aran Tweed or equivalent Aran yarn
- US 7 / 4.5 mm needles or size needed to obtain gauge
- A cable needle
- A stitch marker
- Pom pom maker (optional)
In Warsaw, I was really strucked by the austere beauty of the soviet buildings. These geometric forms inspired me this hat.
Made with 100 grams of Aran yarn, this hat is an exploration through cables and a very warm hat for winter. The pattern is fully charted and written and includes a variation to make a longer brim.
Difficulty : Intermediate
GAUGE 4’’ / 10 cm = 16 stitches X 22 rows in pattern
FINISHED DIMENSIONS Circumference 51 cm / 20 inches
Solène Le Roux
My name is Solène, I live in Paris and I’ve been designing knitwear for over two years. I self-publish throug Ravelry and Makerist and I have three design to be published in third-party publications (Knit Picks, Knit Now and Holla Knits).
Crafts are for me a family tradition. My grandmother was a profesional dressmaker and I spent my childhood playing with spools of thread and fabric. My mother is more a knitter, and she is the one who taught me how to knit when I was a kid.