My Space Rocket cushion has a little pocket on the back to carry the astronaut into space adventures. The finished rocket is 36 cm tall and 25 cm wide, and the astronaut is 12.5 cm tall. All pieces are knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight single-pointed knitting needles. This pattern incorporates intarsia colour-work to make the rocket portholes and astronaut visor. You will also need to cast on and off, knit, purl, work increases and decreases, and sew seams.
- Instructions for making the rocket and astronaut plus photos.
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 5 pages and written in English.
- Measurements are in metric.
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 3.5mm knitting needles (US 4)
- Double knitting yarns (DK or light worsted weight)
- Toy filling
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.