Introducing my Sparkling Stocking knitting pattern. This stocking is worked flat (knitted back and forth) on straight needles, and uses an eyelash yarn on the cuff. The stocking is 23 cm tall. The hanging loop is a single crochet chain. You will also need to cast on and off, knit, purl, work decreases, short rows, and sew seams.
- Instructions for making the stocking.
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 3 pages and written in English.
- Measurements are in metric.
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 4mm knitting needles (US 6)
- Acrylic double knitting yarns (DK or light worsted weight)
- DK weight eyelash yarn for the top of the stocking
- Tapestry needle
- Crochet hook
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.