The Spitfire tea cosy is charming and nostalgic and perfect for aviation enthusiasts that also love a great cup of tea. The Spitfire tea cosy is modelled as closely as possible a traditional spitfire with the roundels and call sign lettering. This spitfire has three blades to the prop, but could also be knitted with four. The spitfire tea cosy can't do loop the loops or engage in any serious areal dog fights, but it can keep your teapot lovely and hot.
Chocks away old chap, I'm just flying by for a second cuppa.
- Made from double thickness yarn for extra insulation , Fits a medium sized teapot that holds 6 to 8 cups or 2 pints
Materials you need at home:
- 5.5 mm, UK size 5 or US size 9 knitting needles,
- 4.00 mm, UK size 8 or US size 6 Knitting needles,
- 3.75 mm, UK size 9 or US size 5 Knitting needles,
- 50g Green double knitting wool
- 20g Tan double knitting wool
- Small amount of white, yellow, grey, dark blue and red double knitting wool,
I design and knit unique tea cosies. I really love designing exciting and unusual tea cosies, its great fun and people don’t mind having an over the top tea cosy. Plus they are a great talking point at tea time and make for brilliant knitting projects.
I have quite a following with regular customers who regularly buy my latest designs from my website TeaCosyFolk.co.uk
I have had a couple of patterns printed in the Simply Knitting Magazine, which is very exciting.