Skill Level: Intermediate
The color oozes in this funky beanie perfect for just about anyone.
You can use either a solid color or variegated yarn to create the fair isle pattern.
This pattern may look spontaneous and difficult, but it is really easy and is a great introduction to fair isle crochet since it only uses two colors throughout.
The pattern includes full written instructions as well as a chart for the fair isle portion.
Recommended Yarn approx. 120 yards in CA approx. 100 yards in CB any medium worsted weight yarn
- US 7 [4.5mm] 16” circular needles
- One set US 7 [4.5mm] DPNs (if needed for decreasing on the crown).
Finished Measurements Child Beanie (small): 16” circumference Adult Beanie (large): 20” circumference
- Written Pattern
- Charted Instructions
- 2 Sizes (see description)
Materials you need at home:
- approx. 120 yards of Knit Picks Brava Worsted in White (25694) CA approx. 100 yards of Knit Picks Brava Worsted in Marina (26131) CB
- - US 7 [4.5mm] 16” circular needles - One set US 7 [4.5mm] DPNs (if needed for decreasing on the crown).
- Yarn Needle
Knit and Crochet Ever After
I strive to create fun and unique crochet and knit patterns.
I will be adding new patterns regularly as I dream them up, so stop back often.