This cute little Hat features picot edgings to create a flower cum sprout-like detail.
3 sizes are included, ranging from 6 months through to large child/small adult. Pattern is worked bottom up and in the round.
Skills required: Knit & purl stitches, knitting in the round, cast on & cast off techniques, increases & decreases, joining live stitches, provisional cast-on, I-cords
Gauge: 24 sts x 28 rows to 4in/10cm on 3.25mm needles over 1x1 Rib 24 sts x 30 rows to 4in/10cm on 3.5mm needles over St.St.
- Illustrated knitting pattern
- Metric and imperial measurements
- Sizes to fit 16 (18, 20) in/ 40.5 (45.75, 51) (Finished size 14 (16, 18) in/ 35.5 (40.5, 45.75) cm)
- Written instructions; illustrated tutorials for Provisional Cast-on, Picking Up sts, Joining Live sts, Alternate Cable & Cable Cast-ons
Materials you need at home:
- Yarn A 31 (40, 53) yd/28 (37, 49) m DK weight, plied yarn (Sample shown in King Cole Merino Blend DK (123yd/112m per 50g; 100% Wool))
- Yarn B 61 (74, 90) yd/55 (68, 82) m
- 31yd/28m for a 6x6in/15x15cm swatch in St.St. in either yarn
- Set 3.25mm/UK10/US3 & 3.5mm/UK--/US4 DPNs/Circular or size needed to obtain gauge
- Stitch marker as necessary
- Tapestry needle
Woolly Wormhead is a Hat Architect.
With an instinctive flair for unusual construction and a passion for innovation, Woolly Wormhead is a designer whose patterns are trusted and celebrated by knitters all over the world. As a designer, Woolly is driven by a need to create and develop her understanding of 3D form. Communicating her ideas and sharing her specialised knowledge with her audiences is key to Woolly’s success as a designer. Woolly's high quality pattern writing ensures perfect results, teaches new skills and encourages us all to become Hat architects.
Each Hat design is an original Woolly Wormhead innovation. These designs are created using unusual construction techniques and intriguing stitch combinations, resulting in unique and versatile pieces.
Each pattern is carefully developed and every effort is made to ensure that the instructions are as clear as possible. All patterns include a range of sizes, and many have additional design options and notes for alterations. Where possible, illustrated tutorials for specialist techniques are also included.