Star Beanie is a simple yet subtle Hat. Using a classic textured stitch that has been converted for knitting in the round, this beanie is both super warm and stretchy.
At the crown you'll find a tripod decrease pattern, giving this Hat subtle shape and detail.
Skills required: Knit & purl sts, knitting in the round, increases & decreases
Gauge: 20 sts x 28 rows to 4in/10cm on 4mm needles over St.St. 24 sts x 25 rows to 4in/10cm on 4mm needles over stitch pattern
- Illustrated knitting pattern
- Metric and imperial measurements
- Sizes to fit 17 (19, 21, 23) in/43.25 (48.25, 53.25, 58.5) cm (Finished size 14 (16, 18, 20) in/35.5 (40.5, 45.5, 50.5) cm)
- Written & charted instructions; illustrated tutorials for Cable Cast-on & Knitting in the Round
Materials you need at home:
- 95 (117, 141, 167) yd/87 (107, 129, 153) m worsted weight, plied yarn (Sample shown in Cascade 220 (220yd/201m per 100g; 100% Peruvian Wool))
- 31yd/29m yarn for a 6x6in/15x15cm swatch in St.St.
- Set 4mm/UK8/US6 DPNs/Circular or size needed to obtain gauge
- Stitch marker as necessary
- Tapestry needle
Woolly Wormhead is a Hat Architect.
With an instinctive flair for unusual construction and a passion for innovation, Woolly Wormhead is a designer whose patterns are trusted and celebrated by knitters all over the world. As a designer, Woolly is driven by a need to create and develop her understanding of 3D form. Communicating her ideas and sharing her specialised knowledge with her audiences is key to Woolly’s success as a designer. Woolly's high quality pattern writing ensures perfect results, teaches new skills and encourages us all to become Hat architects.
Each Hat design is an original Woolly Wormhead innovation. These designs are created using unusual construction techniques and intriguing stitch combinations, resulting in unique and versatile pieces.
Each pattern is carefully developed and every effort is made to ensure that the instructions are as clear as possible. All patterns include a range of sizes, and many have additional design options and notes for alterations. Where possible, illustrated tutorials for specialist techniques are also included.