Introducing my Starfish knitting pattern. You could also use the stars as Christmas decorations. The starfish is 18 cm wide. All pieces are knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight single-pointed knitting needles. You will also need to cast on and off, knit, purl, kfb increase, k2tog decrease, and sew seams.
- Instructions for making the starfish.
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 2 pages and written in English.
- Measurements are in metric.
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 3.75mm knitting needles (US 5)
- Double knitting yarn (DK or light worsted weight)
- Toy filling
- Buttons for eyes and black yarn to embroider the mouth
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.