Capture that summer feeling at any time of year... This colourful throw, inspired by a family, pond dipping trip, brings back beautiful memories on cold, winter's nights. Knitted in the machine washable, affordable luxury of Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran, the throw has a satisfying weight and warmth, and at a completed size of approx. 122 x 128cm, is perfect for knees. Each of the processes involved to complete the 5 page pattern are straightforward and enjoyable and, if extra yarn is purchased, the starfish can multiply to a landlubber's heart's content. Listed as intermediate due to the number of different techniques needed, for someone used to sewing, the pattern may be suitable for a knitting beginner.
*Illustrated knitting pattern *Metric Measurement *Size 122 x 128cm approximately *Suitable for some knitting beginners
Materials you need at home:
- 6 x 50g Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran Lime, 6 x 50g Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran Jade, 6 x 50g Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran Aqua, 6 x 50g Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran Citrus, 6 x 50g Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran Navy, 2 x 50g Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran Gold, 2 x 50g Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran Copper, 1 x 50g Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran White
- A pair of 4mm Single Point Needles
- A 150 cm 4 mm circular needle
- A tapestry needle for seaming
- Knitting pins for seaming
I wouldn't say I forget everything else when I'm designing... but I do drink a lot of cold coffee! I'm an obsessive knitter who began writing patterns whenever one I bought proved disappointing or when I couldn't find quite what I wanted My patterns are designed to be as easy as possible to make and as straightforward as possible to make up. They're designed to be fun!