This little two-tone baby cardigan is a simple and elegant layering piece for when the weather is still cold and a little extra warmth is much appreciated. With its eye-catching dot yoke and soft A-line shape, it is bound to become a timeless favorite.
This cardigan is worked back and forth from the top down in one piece, with a reverse single crochet neck and hem finishing in a contrasting color. This pattern is written in American English crochet terminology.
Difficulty level: Techniques used consist of foundation half double crochet foundation row, hdc, dc and ch stitches as well as various hdc increases and decreases. This pattern is suitable for the intermediate crocheter.
Sizing: This pattern includes the following baby sizes: 3M (6M, 12M, 18M, 2) with finished chest size 49.5 (52, 54.5, 56.5, 63) cm / 19 ½ (20 ½, 21 ½, 22 ¼ , 24 ¾) inches to fit chest 40.5 (43, 45.5, 48, 53.5) cm / 16 (17, 18, 19, 21) inches. Approx. 9 cm or 3 ½ inches positive ease is recommended. Cardigan shown is in size 6M.
- Written pattern
- Instructions in English
- US Imperial and metric measurements
- Suitable for the intermediate knitter
- Links to tutorials by the designer for techniques used
- Gauge 17 sts and 11.5 rows = 10 cm (4 inches) in hdc after wet blocking.
- Digital PDF has 4 pages (A4 size)
Materials you need at home:
- Yarn in DK or worsted weight in the following quantities Main color 300 (385, 435, 505, 515) m (330 (420, 475, 550, 565) yds) in gray. , Contrast Color 60 (63, 70, 75, 80) m (65 (70, 75, 80, 85) yds) in lime.
- Size 4 mm (G-6) crochet hook
- Yarn needle
- 4 removable stitch markers
- Three size 1 cm (3/8 inches) sew-on snap buttons
How lovely to meet you! I’m Susanne Visch and I live in the Netherlands. Not only the country of tulips, cheese, and windmills but also of Dutch Design.
I find it important to provide user-friendly instructions for interesting patterns. In most cases, my patterns feature both written and charted instructions, with detailed explanations of the techniques used.