Introducing my Stripy Purse knitting pattern. This an easy project for beginner knitters to practice knitting stripes. The purse is closed with a zipper which is sewn in by hand. The purse is 9.5 cm tall x 11 cm wide. All pieces are knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight single-pointed knitting needles. You will also need to cast on and off, knit, purl, and sew seams.
- Instructions for making the purse.
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 2 pages and written in English.
- Measurements are in metric.
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 3.5mm knitting needles (US 4)
- DK weight knitting yarns (light worsted weight)
- A 10cm closed end zipper
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.