A casual little shawl made from soft, cool cotton to set off your summer outfits. The classic combination of navy blue and white is always popular in the summertime. It will look cool and fresh with any bright contrast color – also suitable for handdyed or print yarns.
Submarine is an asymmetrical triangle shawl, knitted sideways, starting with a section in a structured ripple stitch. A contrasting short-row wedge in stockinette is followed by a striped garter section. The shawl is finished with a ruffle along the lower edge and bound off with a contrasting i-cord.
- illustrated knitting pattern (pdf) in English
- US imperial and metric measurements
- finished size 40 cm (15.75“) depth, 135 cm (53“) wingspan length
- gauge 23 sts = 10 cm
Materials you need at home:
- 2 skeins (320 m) DROPS Safran, colorway 09, navy
- 2 skeins (340 m) DROPS Loves You 7, colorway 01, white
- 1 skeins (170 m) DROPS Loves You 7, colorway 09, yellow
- or your own choice of fingering weight yarn that knits up to gauge
- 1 circular needle, 100 cm (40”) long, 3.0 mm (US 3, UK 11)
- 1 crochet hook to match needle size for picking up stitches (optional)
- 1 darning needle for weaving in ends
Live. Knit. Love. ♥
Hi, I am Ingrid and I am a designer of extraordinary knitting patterns.
My patterns are elaborate and easy to follow. Have fun browsing my shop and happy knitting.