The Suffragette Tea Cosy is a wonderful tribute to the Suffragettes who fought so hard to get equality for women.
The suffragette tea cosy is a well dressed lady wearing a violet dress under a green coat with a fur collar. She has curls peeking from beneath a black hat with a fluffy detailing. As you would expect she has a Votes for Women sash on and is sporting a suffragette rosette.
This votes for women tea cosy is currently on a protest and has chained herself to the teapot. There is a loop in the chain that loops over the spout of a teapot.
The suffragette tea cosy has a few challenging elements, but I know there are knitters out there that like to try something new. You will need a cable needle, not for cabling for for grafting stitches together, there is a photo for reference. You will also need to knit bobbles which involves turning the work mid row. The chain looks more challenging than it actually is, and needs blocking to get the full effect. Again there is a photo to show you how you work should be looking for those needing reassurance.
The suffragette tea cosy is great fun to make and she's stunning, a great project to have a go at and enjoy.
The suffragette tea cosy fits a medium sized tea pot that covers a Teapot that holds 6 to 8 cups or 2 pints.
The pattern will be available for digital download as soon as you have completed purchase, so you could start knitting her very soon!
This product is the knitting pattern only to make your own suffragette tea cosy.
- made from double thickness yarn for extra insulation
- fits a medium sized teapot that holds 6 to 8 cups or 2 pints
- Illustrated Knitting Pattern
- a bit of a challenge to learn something new
Materials you need at home:
- 25g Stylecraft Special DK Cypress,
- 22g Stylecraft Special DK Violet,
- 20g Stylecraft Special DK Black,
- 12g Stylecraft Special DK Walnut,
- 10g Hayfield Bonus DK Flesh Tone,
- 9g Stylecraft Special DK Silver,
- 6g King Cole Moments Koala,
- 5g Stylecraft Special DK Cream,
- Black Pebeo Setacolor 3D gloss effect fabric paint or * Black embroidery thread
I design and knit unique tea cosies. I really love designing exciting and unusual tea cosies, its great fun and people don’t mind having an over the top tea cosy. Plus they are a great talking point at tea time and make for brilliant knitting projects.
I have quite a following with regular customers who regularly buy my latest designs from my website TeaCosyFolk.co.uk
I have had a couple of patterns printed in the Simply Knitting Magazine, which is very exciting.