Summer dress and shrug 18 inch dolls
Knitting pattern "Tropical Sherbet" for summer dress and shrug that will fit 18 inch or 45 cm dolls that share body type with American Girl doll.
This knitting pattern consists of a sleeveless dress and a wraparound shrug. The sleeveless dress is worked flat and straight in a stockinette stitch with a few rows of garter stitch trim and a ribbed waistband. The shrug is worked in moss stitch and has an I-cord trim that extends to become a tie closure.
- 7 page tutorial
- US English language
- inches/cm measurements
- row by row format
- links to online tutorials
- close-up pictures of the details
- list of abbreviations and knitting terms
- intermediate difficulty
Materials you need at home:
- Gauge , - 26 sts x 40rs = 10 cm ( for dress over stockinette stitch) , - 36 sts x 48 rs = 10 cm ( for shrug over moss stitch)
- Yarn , - Tropial Color by Ice Yarns, 50% bamboo/25% cotton/ 25% dralon, 3.5oz/100 gr, 285m/311yds (for dress). , - Baby Merino by Ice Yarns, 40% merino wool/ 40%acrylic/ 20% cashmere-like polyamide, 1.75oz/100gr, 200m/219yds (for shrug). , Or any baby and fingering weight yarns that you can knit to gauge.
- Needles , - 2.75mm (USn/a)single pointed (for dress) , - 1,75mm (US00) single pointed (for shrug) , - 1.75mm(US00) double pointed (for I-cord)
- Notions , tapestry needle, sewing needle, several stitch markers, 1 small button, small zipper.
Irene Aksilenko (LelleModa)
Knitter and crocheter by skill, crafter by nature, designer at heart.