Summer Owl No Digit Mitts - 2yrs to large Adult
Summer Owl No Digit Mitts - owlies for cooler summer evenings, or warmer winter days. Fingers free for fiddly tasks. A tighter fit for a neater look.
An easy/intermediate knit, with simple cabling. Knit flat on two needles and sewn up the side.
This is an easy/intermediate knit, with an easy cable owl on the back of each mitt. Instructions are in English, very clear and written out line by line, with British/American terms.
Yarn recommendations are given but any dk/light worsted yarn should be okay - just check tension/gauge.
These look great in natural and bright colours. An easy knit for presents or for yourself, and a great stashbuster.
- Knitting Pattern with photos
- Metric/imperial measurements
- 2yrs to large adult
Materials you need at home:
- 1 x 100g ball of Berocco Vintage DK – colour Mochi 02101 for the adult mitts, colour Misty 02113 for the child mitts, or any other colour. Approx. amounts of yarn used if you use a different make of DK/light worsted yarn: 20 (25, 30, 40, 50)g. (Most DK/light worsted yarns work well with this pattern, but remember that amounts may differ and check your tension/gauge).
- 3.25mm (UK10 – USA3) and 4mm (UK8 – USA6) knitting needles.
- A tapestry/large needle to sew up.
- A cable needle approx. 4mm (UK8 – USA6).
- 4 small brown/black buttons approx. 8mm (5/16in) for the eyes and matching thread/OR a length of black yarn to sew eyes on young children’s mitts.
The Lonely Sea - Heather Corcoran
I have a bag that say ' I knit therefore I am' - sums me up perfectly! I love to knit and love to design! I have knitted for years, and made and sold literally hundreds of owl gloves and fingerless mitts on-line. About 5 years ago, I decided to give designing and writing patterns a go, and I absolutely love it! The whole process is absolutely captivating, and I love to see other knitters' projects made from my patterns. My beautiful cavvy, Honey, is my constant companion, and she sleeps next to me on the settee while I knit. You can also find me on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/thelonelyseapatterns/