- illustrated knitting pattern (pdf) in English
- chart for lace edge
- US imperial and metric measurements
- finished size 79 cm (27.5“) cm depth, 185 cm (73“) wingspan length
- gauge 24 sts = 10 cm in stockinette stitch
- suitable for intermediate knitters
The Sundowner shawl has originally been designed for lace weight yarn with long gradients. The concentric half-circle elements will highlight the beauty of the gradients to perfection. But it will of course also look gorgeous in a striped version with two contrasting yarns or as a monochrome version in your favorite color. The body is knit in laceweight yarn and consists of alternating stripes of stockinette stitch and an easy to memorize lace pattern. Regular increases are made in the stockinette sections. The shawl ends with a romantic lace edge knitted in fingering yarn and a contrasting picot bind off.